1. Provide the facilities and equipment needed by the membership to attain as effective and safe an exercise program as is possible.
2. Provide the membership with guidelines and counselling regarding exercise and heart disease risk factor modification as made available by the medical consultant and other individuals with expertise in various fields (nutrition, physiology, physical activity, psychology, stress management etc.)
3. Provide the membership with the activities, programs and benefits of the Association without charge or obligation save for monthly or annual donations.
4. Provide for research and further program development as deemed appropriate by the Directors, in consultation with the medical advisor(s), to be of value in the preventative and rehabilitative health care of present and future members.
5. Provide educational materials in many forms not only to the members, but also to other cardiac patients or interested individuals, so that geographic restraints do not preclude participation in a program similar to that advocated by the Association.